Wednesday, July 12, 2006

The Family Blog

For the “oldies”, let’s define what a blog is. It is a method of sharing stories, ideas, and thoughts which can enlighten one’s perspective on life or just add a little humor to the day. Or, as in our case, it is a method of communicating necessary information – or just a way to harass each other a bit (lovingly, of course). If nothing else is accomplished by this Goodyear Family Reunion foray into the arena of internet communication – just the few enjoyable moments of reading comments from other family members can brighten a day!

I would like to remind all of you that I have never claimed to be blessed with the talent of creative writing (talking, yes – writing, no). That said, new blog entries may not be enlightening, challenging, or life-changing – they may however, be entertaining (especially after comments have been added).

So, I say: Blog away my family! You never know what you might learn about each other!

Only 353 days to go! Begin your cribbage practicing now!

5 comments:

Arly said...

Speaking of ( and yes, I do work, I'm just online all day because I'm the ONLINE ADMIN ) cribbage... I want you all to know that Sam has become quite the cribbage player. Probably won't beat Uncle Dan...but then again, who really can? It's like Dad and horseshoes. :)

Arly said...

I'm confused enough as it is READING the instructions, let alone playing them...

Arly said...

Yeah, but if only TRUE contenders (I never admitted to being one...) would play by these rules... it would leave only Uncle Dan and Aunt Gwen... ;) So all the rest of us can play by normal rules!
Spoons with steak knives. Glad we have a doctor and a nurse in our family. I see a bloodly pile of fingers and toes and a nose in that mess.

Arly said...

Hey, this has NOTHING to do with the Reunion... BUT... I'll be in Baker around the end of the month. I just wanted everybody to know how excited I am. WOOHOO!

Arly said...

So, if the Uncle Dan family is THAT bad at sending reunion letters... what made them think they could up keep a blog? I'm blaming Wendy. :) Hahaha.